Ece Turkmut Dere
I am originally from Izmir, Turkey which has almost 8,500 year history of advanced human settlement and 4,000 years of recorded urban history. My own cultural understanding has been built on lifetime experiences. I born and grow up in a multicultural family. Richness of the history where I grow and surrounded by different cultures was very nourishing to me as an artist. Naturally I have several professional interests and creative pursuits; that's why I call myself "A Renaissance human" from this era.
I am more a polymath who brings a breadth of knowledge to the areas that I work. I have been teaching theatre to the undergraduate students since 2008. I am an active playwright and dramaturg, a dancer and movement specialist and also working on trauma studies.
Ece Turkmut Dere
- MFA Performing Arts, Dokuz Eylul University, Department of Performing Arts 2009 - 2013.
- BFA Dramatic Writing and Dramaturgy, Dokuz Eylul University, Department of Performing Arts 2001 - 2008.
- BPhil Philosophy, Anadolu University, Faculty of Humanities, Department of Philosophy (Distance Learning Program) 2016 - continue.
Certificates & Trainings
- "Trauma Studies for Performing Artists" workshop by Peter Levine and Betsy Polatin, University Settlement NY October 2017.
- An Introduction to Trauma Sensitive Yoga Workshop, Kripalu Stockbridge MA October 23rd - 28th 2016.
Body Keeps The Score workshop by Bessel van Der Kolk MD. Kripalu Stockbridge MA October 21th- 23th 2016.
ADVAYTA YOGA, Teachers Training YA 200 HR, Izmir 2014.
INSTITUT PARACELSE Pilates Instructor Mat Work Training, Izmir 2013.
INSTITUT PARACELSE Teachers Training YA 200 HR, Izmir 2013.
International Pilates Federation Contrology (Pilates) Instructor Training, Izmir 2012